Roze Gold Spotlight is a platform that I created for the up and coming. It will be for any one that I see who is making moves, period. This can be through inspiring and motivating others, launching a new business, or even if you are an artist that needs a little more exposure. If you would like a feature on RozeGold.Com please e-mail all inquiries to (email@example.com).
With that being said, my first ‘Roze Gold Spotlight’ goes to Tierra Thompson, better known as Tierra Traniece. I am all for empowering women, and when I see someone that is making a positive impact in our community I can’t help but support! Although I haven’t met Tierra personally, but just from what I’ve seen I can tell you that she is an extremely dynamic individual. A Miami native, currently pursuing her degree in mass communications, Tierra is only 22 and already has the title of ‘author’ under her belt. Along with her published books, Tierra has started a movement as well! Her movement #WomenOfSubstanceAreBack immediately caught my eye. In a day and age where women with absolutely no substance are glorified I believe that this movement is SO appropriate for now. Tierra describes herself as goofy, her favorite color is pink, and she loves everything strawberry. She also says ‘I enjoy laughing, dancing, cooking, and walks on the beach but hate cleaning the sand out of her car.’ I love that she is someone that you can relate to. Everyone wants to make moves, only some actually do so, and Tierra is one of them.
Although she is a very humble spirit who has accomplished far more than women twice her age don’t let her fool you..Tierra has written not only one but TWO books, and is working on releasing a third book which will be a collection of poems dealing with what every woman has went through in one way or another. You can purchase her first book ‘The Furthest Thing from Perfect’ here and her second book titled ’30 Positive Things You Should Consider this Month’ here.
I reached out to Tierra and asked her a few questions so that my readers, her fans, and even myself could get to know a little bit about the person behind the writing. Check it out below:
1. I love your new slogan #WomenofSubstanceAreBack, why do you think they ‘left’ in the first place?
- Thank you so much! I am loving the support behind “Women of Substance Are Back” honestly, I don’t think we left, we’ve always been here. However, it’s a little harder when you have watered down versions of women being praised and you have morals and just get pushed to the back. I always see men post things like “Women with substance are gonna come back, I know it” and I’m like “yeah idiots, we never went anywhere” but I guess Instagram models are only good for so long, it’s nothing like a woman of substance.
2. What encourages you to be great?
- What encourages me to be great are the many women who have the same power (as me) but don’t utilize it. Like, women freaking rock but we let so many things get in the way of us living up to our full potential. Being able to be acknowledged for not being like any other girl my age is what encourages me to be great and aim for greater.
3. That’s awesome! With all success comes more than a handful of nay-sayers. How do you press on in spite of negativity and ‘haters’?
- Negativity really doesn’t exist in my world. I mean, my world doesn’t consist of unicorns and rainbows either, but if I focused on (the) negativity I wouldn’t have time to capture the positive things going on around me. As for “haters” I pay them no mind, they’re either old friends that used to love me, or new girls who wish they knew me but lack the confidence and self-esteem to just say “Sister I see you, keep it up.”
4. What does your dream vacation consists of?
- My dream vacation consists of, a lot of peace, the closest people to me around, and patron, lots of patron lol.
5. Women of Substance Are Back, do you think that men are as accepting of this?
- Actually, I’m waiting for someone to step up and say #Menofsubstanceareback . Yes, women fall short in certain areas but we aren’t alone. In order for men to be able to have the privilege to deny the fact that #WomenOfSubstanceAreBack they must prove first that they contain the right amount of substance to even judge.
6. How do you think Social Media has affected our generation and the generations to come?
- Social media has made our generation emotionless but yet they still seek love, social media has ruined our generation, it has given those who aren’t usually listened to a voice and people just go around voicing opinions to people who don’t give a damn. Social media has completely made this generation believe they can be who they want to be even if that means faking. The next generation I believe can still be saved, I just pray that they utilize social media for its pros and not get ruined by its cons.
7. What inspired you to write your first book, and you’re second?
- Okay, so believe it or not, you know those really obnoxious girls in high school who talked about everyone? Yes I was one of those. I’ve had rumors spread about me as well. During the time I was in Tallahassee in college I came up with the bright idea to start a blog. From the blog I received emails about how much girls loved my writing and how I was speaking their life, so I decided if they could feel that way about a blog , I KNOW it’s someone that can relate to the events that have occurred in my life so far. The second book “30” it’s simple, I hated my job, I wrote a book that a person like me would have needed to get through a day’s work at that job.
8. What is your third book going to be about it?
- The third book is going to be a poetry book. Inside the book you’ll find my most popular poems and a few unreleased poems as well. Poem topics ranging from abortion to new life, heartbreak to what being a black girl feels like.
9. What’s the greatest lesson you’ve learned so far?
- The greatest lesson I’ve learned this far is that just because people have sight doesn’t mean you should expect them to see your vision. Not everyone is going to like what you do, or understand why you’re doing it, but most importantly, those who you’re supposed to reach, those who are supposed to get the message, it’ll get delivered.
10. Where can everyone get in touch with you?
- Twitter – (@TierraTraniece)
- Instagram – (TierraTraniece)
- E-Mail – (TierraThompson93@yahoo.com)
- Blog – (Www.acup0ftee.com)
Support the journey to publishing her third book and women empowerment seminars which will help our women and young girls become more confident and Women of Substance here.